Filming begins in Cardiff today for the first episode of Sherlock Series Three. News has just broken that the first episode of the new series will be called ‘The Empty Hearse’.
Obviously this is an intriguing play on The Empty House, the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle story in which Sherlock Holmes returns ‘from the dead’ to a startled Doctor Watson. It also brings to mind The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax, another of the original 56 stories. In this story, an extra large coffin with a false bottom is used to conceal a chloroformed Lady Carfax beneath a deceased old lady, about to be buried alive. Holmes works out the truth at the last minute and saves her life just in time.
For up-to-date news about series three, keep checking the Sherlockology website – www.sherlockology.com
- Related articles:
- A twist on the Empty House? Can’t wait
- How will BBC Sherlock tackle the problem at the very heart of The Empty House?
- RAT, WEDDING and BOW – three little words, one big mystery
- So, how did Sherlock fake his own suicide?
- BBC’s Sherlock – a televisual feast for the mind and eye
- Another triumph for the Sherlock team with the Hounds of Baskerville
- BBC Sherlock’s A Scandal in Belgravia – simply wow