Out now: Charlotte Anne Walters’ collection of five present-day Sherlock Holmes stories that poke gentle fun at the idiosyncrasies of modern life not to mention the eccentric detective and his world-weary friend. Click on the image to order
- Barefoot on Baker Street is a novel by Charlotte Anne Walters. The narrative follows Red and her amazing journey from the Victorian workhouse into a life of crime before she meets Sherlock Holmes and Professor James Moriarty.
To celebrate the release of her novel Barefoot on Baker Street in 2011, writer Charlotte Anne Walters undertook the task of reading and reviewing one of the original Sherlock Holmes short stories every day until she had completed all 56. The reviews were posted daily on her blog and attracted viewers from all over the world. The reviews are full of humour and Holmesian insight, ending in a score out of ten for each story.
This book contains all 56 blogs plus additional material including reviews of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s four Holmes novels.
Although it was a pleasure for a life-long Holmes admirer to re-visit the stories, trying to do this on top of holding down a busy full-time job and family commitments was a big challenge – resulting in some stressful but comical moments detailed in the blogs. Even Mr Walters couldn’t resist throwing in a few comments of his own.
Charlotte is donating all her royalties from this publication to the Undershaw Preservation Trust, a charity striving to protect and restore the former home of Sherlock Holmes creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Buy the Kindle version of the book – click on the Barefoot below
Top Posts & Pages
- Holmes and Watson – who needed who the most?
- Great Sherlock Holmes Debate 2 - why BBC Sherlock is the winner for me
- BBC Sherlock - which episode gets the Gold Medal?
- So, how did Sherlock fake his own suicide?
- What Jeremy Brett brought to the role of Sherlock Holmes - tenacity
- BBC's Sherlock - a televisual feast for the mind and eye
- 56 Stories in 56 Days – The Adventure of the Retired Colourman
- 56 Stories in 56 Days - The Final Problem
- Sherlock Holmes - what's the sexual attraction?
- 56 Stories in 56 Days – The Adventure of the Creeping Man
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- 56 Sherlock Holmes stories in 56 days
- Barefoot Around the World
- Barefoot on Baker Street
- BBC Sherlock
- Charlie Milverton and other Sherlock Holmes stories
- Dr Watson
- Great Sherlock Holmes Debate
- Guy Ritchie films
- MX Publishing
- Professor James Moriarty
- Save Undershaw
- Sherlock Holmes
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Everywhere I go I keep having the new Guy Ritchie movie ‘Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows’ thrust in my face, massive posters adorn practically every solid object on the high street, writes Charlotte Anne Walters. Even though I find … Continue reading
An interview with Charlotte Anne Walters about her forthcoming novel Barefoot on Baker Street which features the story of Red and her journey from the Victorian workhouse to being involved with Sherlock Holmes, Dr Watson and Professor James Moriarty.